Monday, November 19, 2007

Sort of Sad, But Sort of Not

As Kenny Rogers sings in his well-known song The Gambler, you've got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em. And twelve days shy of the November 30th deadline, I am folding the cards otherwise known as my National Novel Writing Month entry. Not only am I 12 days shy of finishing, I'm also about 37,000 words short. Add to that other commitments and upcoming holiday plans and rather than stress myself out about it, I'm putting it away for now.

So, yeah.

I'm out of words. And I'm okay with that.

2 comments:

Annabear said...

Aww, I understand where you're coming from. {{{hugs}}} I signed up this year thinking it might be a good way to challenge myself, but I think I managed to stress myself out more than anything. Sometimes we do just have to let something go and firmly tell oursleves it's OK.

crosscribe said...

And you know what? I have yet to regret it. :-)